Saturday, 15 November 2014

Bad day brownies




I love a good list, I have diarys, notepads and a mind full of them! Ok, so it might verge on obsessive... A sample of what you would find: Things to do today, things to do tomorrow, things to do this weekend, films to watch, music to listen to, games to play, karaoke songs I like... the list (Ahem) is endless!!
So when a hiccup comes along in life and stamps one of my well made lists into a muddy puddle I have to learn shrug my shoulders and make new plans! When life gives you lemons, yaddah yaddah yah.. It was a few weeks ago now that my weekend plans were completely ruined, I had a whole day planned of seeing and doing exciting things followed by a evening out with fantastic friends but the universe had other plans for me.
Books were read, sleep caught up on, and my never ending to do list was smaller at the end of the weekend and the amazing weekend I had planned just ended up being a week later instead. One more amazing thing to come out of muddy puddle weekend was my bad day brownies :) It had been a while since I had last spent an afternoon enjoying baking and taking photos and eating naughty foods,   these babies were a joy to make and scoff at the end and definitely turned the day around for me. Cooking is my stress reliever, and I enjoy losing myself in a few hours experimenting in the kitchen, I also LOVE feeding people, and the reaction from the people I gave the brownies to was one of the best Ive ever seen from my cooking!



Another recipe pilfered from my favourite Great British Chefs site this is Michelin starred chef Frances Atkins take on the chocolate brownie which I have adapted slightly. Its super quick and easy!




Ingredients:
160g of butter
200g of plain chocolate
225g of caster sugar
3 eggs
55g of plain flour
55g of cocoa powder
100g of white chocolate
100g of hazelnuts, chopped
icing sugar for dusting



Preheat the oven to 170ÂșC/Gas mark 3


Melt the butter and the plain chocolate, separately
Whisk together the sugar and eggs. Add the melted butter and plain chocolate and stir well to combine



Add the sieved flour and cocoa & stir again



Now add the nuts and chopped white chocolate




Pour on to a greased and lined tin. Bake for 20–30 minutes



Now its time to lick the bowl!!



Pop a little smiley chocolate button face on the top for good measure!



Andddd......



*Drool*



Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a glass of cold milk and hopefully a smile :)




No comments:

Post a Comment